Cooling measures of generator room and matters needing attention
We all know that electricity is very important in daily life. Therefore, to ensure the normal operation of the generator is something we must pay attention to. In most cases, electricity will be provided, but power shortages will inevitably occur. Some factories are equipped with generator sets. What should be noted about the layout of generator sets? The following is a brief introduction to Wuhan WACKER Power Technology.
How to effectively cool the generator room
1. When the water source is sufficient and the water temperature is low, the cooling of the power station should be water-cooled, that is, water is used as the refrigerant to cool the air in the engine room of the diesel generator set. The conditions for designing a water-cooled power station are to have sufficient natural water sources; such as well water, spring water, river water, lake water, or other available water sources; the water quality must be good, non-toxic, odorless, disease-free bacteria, and non-corrosive to metals.
The content of inorganic and organic substances such as sediment in water should meet the standard requirements; water cooling should be low, and the difference between the temperature of the diesel generator room and the water cooling water temperature should be greater than 15 degrees Celsius and not less than 10 degrees Celsius. If the water temperature is high, the temperature difference of the return air is small, and the air supply system is large. It is necessary to increase the construction investment and operating costs.
2. When the water source is difficult or the temperature of the air from outside the diesel generator room in summer can meet the cooling requirements of the diesel generator room, air cooling or a combination of air cooling and evaporative cooling should be used. The air-cooled power station uses the low-temperature air outside the equipment room (generally, it should be about 5 degrees Celsius lower than the design requirements of the equipment room) to increase the amount of intake air. The intake and exhaust air is used to remove the residual heat from the equipment room.
The air-cooled power station does not require a large number of low-temperature water sources, and has no cooling air supply system. The ventilation system in the machine room is simple, easy to operate, and has a large amount of air intake and exhaust. The machine room has many air changes per hour, and the air is fresh and comfortable. However, the fan capacity of the inlet duct and the exhaust duct is relatively large.
3. When there is no sufficient water source and the inlet air temperature cannot meet the requirements of the air-cooled power station, artificial cooling can be designed and a cooling fan with its own cold source can be used to eliminate the residual heat of the diesel generator room. The construction investment and operating cost of the artificial refrigeration system are relatively high. In winter or excessive seasons, the power station should make full use of the cold air outside the project for ventilation and cooling, so air cooling should generally be the main way to eliminate the residual heat of the power station. Diesel power stations use automatic units. After the compartment is realized, the duty staff can generally not enter the machine room. The allowable temperature for the cooling design of the machine room can be designed at 40 degrees Celsius.
Attention when designing generator room
1. Before designing the engine room of a diesel generator set, the following matters should be determined:
1. Pay attention to the total area and limitations of the diesel generator room.
2. Any noise limitation (such as office area or residential area).
3.Reachability of service vehicles.
4. Ground conditions (horizontal or inclined).
2. Pay attention when installing diesel generators:
1. There should be sufficient fresh air in the engine room for the combustion and cooling of the diesel generator set; if necessary, ventilation ducts can be installed and a forced ventilation system can be adopted.
2. In order to reduce the temperature of the machine room, the smoke exhaust pipe should be wrapped with thermal insulation material; if possible, arrange the muffler and most of the smoke exhaust pipe outside the machine room as much as possible.
3. The consideration of access and space should be based on the premise that it can meet the space needs of diesel generators for transportation, installation, service and maintenance.
3. The engine room of a diesel generator set shall have sufficient space to accommodate the following equipment:
1.Diesel generator set.
2.Daily fuel tank.
3. Related control cabinets for diesel generator sets, such as automatic conversion cabinets and parallel control cabinets.
4.Smoke exhaust system.
5.Ventilator muffler system.
The above-mentioned cooling measures for the generator room and the matters needing attention are briefly introduced. I hope this knowledge will help you!
50KW Shangchai generator set
Hardware design and software of generator set monitoring system
Factors to consider when purchasing generator sets and their performance and quality
1000KW Jichai generator set
- T2-400kw Yuchai generator set
- 68KW Volvo generator set
- What are the components and functions of diesel generators? 2019-12-19
- Can the three-phase generator wiring diagram lead to only one phase ?
- Start-up steps of automatic diesel generator2019-12-05
- What is the reason for the small diesel generators to emit black smoke?
- What is the reason for ` ` maintenance '' diesel generators not catching fire?
- Maintenance tips and cleaning points for generators2019-10-26
- Introduction to the structure and characteristics of silent diesel generators2019-10-16
- Diesel generator wire grounding and UPS matching instructions2019-09-24